What Causes Pain In The Scalp Along With Ear Pain?
Possible diagnosis: Acute otitis media
Thak you for trusting HCM
The symptoms you are experiencing is suggestive of possible middle ear infection (Otitis Media) caused by bacteria. Scalp tenderness could either be referred pain from ear infection or spread of infection to adjacent Mastoid cavity (present behind the ear).
Ear examination can confirm the diagnosis. Treatment is with Antibiotic (Amoxicillin/clavulanic acid).
Please be advised to follow up with your primary provider/ ENT specialist for necessary management.
Meanwhile, continue Ibuprophen for pain.
Hope I was able to help you
Please address further questions here
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Marble sized lump on pelvis year
- I am finding drops of blood in the front of my underwear
- Hydrocephalus and pressure in ear
- Inflammation and bumps behind ear
- Lime green secretions in underwear
- How do babies get scabs in their ear
- Is it ok if i smoke a cigar once a year
- Lump in front of ear jaw clear
- I got the cotton end of the q tip stuck way down in the ear
- I keep on having wet patches in underwear