What causes pain in the right testicle post protected intercourse?

Dr. Harish Naik

Posted on Sat, 10 Sep 2016 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hi
I did intercourse 2 nights ago & used protection, i am experiencing pain in my right testical, pain goes in my right side of stomach & right groin also because girl accidentally bit my right testical & she was sucking penis also(but i was not using protection here) girl is a friend not a prostitute !

I went to doctor he gave me pain killer Dolowin Plus & Pantosec D sr & Fusiwal cream !

I am travelling abroad in 2 weeks for some important work ! Do you think i have any serious issues & need to be worried about this ? When i walk the testical hurts also !

Could it be any case of chlamydia & will i be fine soon ? I am suprised bite was not that bad & i only experienced pain next day !

Thanks
I am only 25

Thanks please let me know
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is likely to be superficial injury, you are on right course of treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXX
Welcome.
I have gone through your query and do understand your concern.
If possible upload the pictures of the injury.
As it is been examined by the doctor and based on the treatment given, I don't think it is anything serious. It is likely to be superficial injury, which is more likely to respond to the prescribed treatment.

Usually we tend to ignore the pain during sexual activity, one usually notice it a day later. I don't think it is STD. Relax you are fine.
Apart from the treatment prescribed you can take a TT injection, if you have not taken it within past 5 year.
Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 59 minutes later
Thanks for replying.. I am really sorry i had to send you these photos, there doesnt seem to be any sign of brusing, so i am not sure if you ll be able to make out much ! My right testical is where the injury is the one which is hanging more.. My right testical usually hangs more than my left as far as i can remember !

Also i gym alot & lift weights, since there is some s discomfort while walking can i go to the gym ? & also how long do you feel this testicular pain will last ?

Thanks so much appreciate the support
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I am not able to appreciate any abnormalities in the picture, they are fine

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the pictures.
I am not able to appreciate any abnormalities in them.
So I would suggest you to relax and take the treatment as suggested by the doctor.
Hope this helps
Wish you speedy recovery.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Follow up: Dr. Harish Naik 28 hours later
Hi just a quick question !

I started eating azitromicin 500 which has made a huge difference ! Pain is better today ! But how come pain is severe in afternoons, it was same case yeaterday & as well as today ?

Ps- already had the tetanus injection 20 days back !

Thanks
XXXXX
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 40 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pain may be due to friction caused by undergarment

Detailed Answer:
Hi. XXXXX
Welcome.
Good to hear from you.
Is azitromycin been prescribed by doctor. It is not advised to take antibiotics without consulting doctor.
As it is a superficial injury, pain might be due to friction causes by the undergarments. I would suggest you to wear loose fitting cotton underwear.
Hope this helps.