What causes pain in the right side of the body?

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 5 Jul 2018 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Hi I have a pain in my right side, deep inside. I believe it’s a muscle but not sure, I have had since Tuesday. What can I do to relieve it?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
please see next

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome.

You did not mention the right side of which part of the body. Abdomen or thorax. In every case, the muscular pain would be aggravated by movements and it should subside after taking nonsteroid painkillers such as Tylenol or Ibuprofen.

Otherwise, it may not be muscular, but it may be a pinched nerve or inflammatory process. I suggest to rest and take Ibuprofen 2x400mg after some food. If pain worsens or additional symptoms occur such as fever, cough or vomiting, you should see a doctor and so some further tests.

Wish you good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee