What causes pain in the right heel especially in the morning?

Dr. Kampana

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2018 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi Doctor, My father is suffering from right leg heel pain since 3 days. Don't know the reason how it happened but he is feeling pain in one leg , especially in the morning. What could be the reason and how do we fix it?? Please advise.
Answered by Dr. Kampana 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Maybe due to inflammation of heel due to stress.

Detailed Answer:

Heel pain just from a 3 days can be ignored. It can be due to mild plantar fasciitis (inflammation of heels). Give him symptomatic treatment such as dipping his foot in warm water for 15 mins twice daily. Taking pain killers such as dolo or tab. zerodol P as and when required. Adequate rest. Supporting his foot with an orthotic shoe insert can help relieve his pain.

In case it persists it is best to meet an orthopedician for a detailed examination and treatment.

I hope this answered your query.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana