Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
198 Doctors are Online

What causes pain in the right arm?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1954
Answered : 4039 Questions
My right arm specifically the forearm and bicep are sore and I have no strength. I hurt it when lifting a large box with a colleague and it slipped and in doing so I felt something in my arm was not correct and couldn't lift anymore. Its been this way for two weeks. I awake and the arm hurts and is stiff. I am concerned its more than just a pulled muscle.
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
You need to see a physical therapist

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. You need to see a physical therapist. He would be able to examine you and valuate the extent of soft tissue injury. He would also be able to demonstrate proper exercises that would help you. He would also be able to administer other supportive therapies like ultrasonotherapy. Hot compress can help.

Let me know if I could help further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor