• question-icon

What causes pain in the ribs?

Posted on Fri, 21 Jul 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hello I am hoping to get some advice . I am 45 ur old women fairly healthy this evening h I started to feel pain in right side under hip and down overy the pain intensity comes and goes I don't have fever or neasea can pee done I do have fybroids and am on day 16 in my cycle I also feel like I have to pass gas or go bathroom I do at times get little pai on left side but most is on right any suggestions
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be muscular pain.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.

A pain in the right side under hip that is going down can be a muscular pain. it seems to be a mechanical back pain, more related to posture while working.

For pain and spasm to go you have to do back exercises to relieve the spasm associated with this. Doing hot fomentation and applying muscle relaxant gel will also be helpful in relieving the spasm.

Correct your posture while sitting. Take frequent breaks during your work.
Lie on a hard bed. Avoid forward bending and lifting heavy weight.
You can take anti-inflammatory drug like Ibuprofen to relieve pain.

Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow-up queries that you have.

Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 55 minutes later
Hi thank u so u don't think it is associated with ibs or gas or appendix
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
These are least likely.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Intra abdominal causes like gas or appendix are least likely causes for such a pain. This is likely to subside with rest and mild pain killers.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN