What causes pain in the ribs after a cholecystectomy?
It could be fluid in the chest. Get ultrasound done.
It is fairly common to have such problems after Cholecystectomy. I presume Surgery was done Laparoscopically.
This pain could be due to the gas inserted during the Surgery but that usually goes away in a few days.
Another reason could be fluid in your chest cavity.
For this, you should get an Ultrasound of the Chest and abdomen done to be sure.
Visit ER would be better to get the same done.
But in either condition, there is nothing to worry about as long as you don't have jaundice.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Rishi, General Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Neck pain after cholecystectomy
- Chest pain after cholecystectomy
- Pain after cholecystectomy
- Testicular pain after cholecystectomy
- Ruq pain after cholecystectomy
- Morning hunger pains after cholecystectomy
- Back pain after cholecystectomy
- Upper abdominal pain after cholecystectomy
- Pain after laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- Back pain after laparoscopic cholecystectomy
- What causes abdominal pain despite Protonix usage for stomach ulcer?
- Suggest treatment for pain due to pancreatitis
- Suggest treatment for gynecomastia
- What causes sharp pain in lower side of belly button during periods?
- What causes severe leg cramps?
- Is leg swelling a serious concern when suffering from DVT?
- What causes pulsating pain near ribcage below waist line?
- What causes lump on upper outer part of left arm?
- What causes consistent pain around the pelvic area?
- What causes anemia and vitamin D deficiency?