What causes pain in the pelvis area during intercourse?

Dr. Albana Sejdini

Posted on Wed, 8 Mar 2017 in General Health
Question: I am 47yrs old. I've have a slight discomfort in front pelvis area. At first I thought maybe I pulled a muscle. I've had a repaired hernia 5yrs ago. It feels similar to when I did have a hernia and I seem to notice the discomfort during sex and also in the AM. before bowel movement. I had a cold and cough about two weeks ago and that's when I notice some discomfort in pelvis during coughing and sneezing.
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Further consultation with surgeon recommended to check repaired hernia...

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern.

Your case in short:
- 47 years old male
- symptoms: slight discomfort in front of pelvis area especially during sex and in the AM before bowel movement
- recent history of cold: coughing and sneezing (when the discomfort started)
- past history of repaired hernia.

Taking all these into account, if I was your caring doctor would ask to check further with surgeon to rule out another relapse of hernia.

Further abdominal ultrasound and urine analysis recommended to rule out uro-genital problems.

Meanwhile, I advise to take ibuprofen or acetaminophen for the discomfort; increase water intake and avoid lifting heavy weights.

Wish fast recovery.
Dr.Albana