• question-icon

What causes pain in the pelvic area?

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in General Health
Question: I'm having pain in my glands in the pelvic region. Whenever I lift either leg I get pain in that region as well as burning pain in my back left and right side. I have to stop walking. A lumbar X-ray was taken however I heard nothing back. That was two months ago.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Pain in pelvic girdle worsening on walking and lifting legs is likely muscle spasm or age related articular degeneration. I would still advise some more work up like MR spine and hip scans to rule out any arthropathy and if possible bone density scans to rule out osteoporosis. Treatment would be mostly supportive with pain killers, calcium and vitamin d supplements and physiotherapy exercises. Please visit any local rheumatologist and let them work up further to reach a cause.

I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan
Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan