• question-icon

What causes pain in the pectoral region upon neck movements?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hi I am a healthy male, visit Gym regularly. Often at home I do not sit properly either due to that or due to excessive weight (I dont know the exact reason), I developed pain in tissue connecting chest and arms (pectoral minor muscle). It was later moved to back muscle too. For more than 2 weeks I stopped going to gym in a hope to get better. When things remained same, I saw a physiotherapist, he mentioned I have cervical. I was treated with Ultrasonic, some exercises, Tension machine, heat pad etc.
In 10 days I got better and started gymming with much much lighter weights. However it still pains (slightly only though).
What do you recommend
Answered by Dr. Kampana 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Mostly muscle spasm.

Detailed Answer:

From your symptoms it looks like a muscle spasm. I would like to know if its on the left or right side of chest, the exact location. If its muscle spasm it will get relieved by taking tab. myospaz forte twice a day after food, for 2 days.

Other remedies are cold/warm compress on the affected area. Dehydration can also lead to pain, drink plenty of fluids, if you are gymming and sweating too much i would suggest you to drink water with electrolyte powder after or before gym.

Sometimes gastritis also can cause pain, for which you can take tab. pantop 40 mg once a day before breakfast for 1 week.

I hope this answered your query. Kindly follow up with further queries if any.

With regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Kampana 53 minutes later
Thanks for the help. I will take in fluids as frequently as I can.
The pain is exactly between right shoulder blade and chest muscles near armpits. The pain is seldom caused by stretching the muscle itself but is much more sensitive to neck movements.
Answered by Dr. Kampana 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Muscle spasm

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,

Okay, it looks like muscle spasm only. Take tab. myospaz forte and other remedies. You should get better.

With regards,
Dr. Kampana