What causes pain in the neck, head pressure and palpitations?

Posted on Tue, 9 Jun 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I recenly have been having neck pain. i got up & felt middle of neck crack a bit. then later felt pressure on top of head. already have palpations as i was dehydrated days ago. shortness of breath & it's like a struggle to breathe. Feels like heart rate is slow sometimes too .whats going On?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to attend ER.

Detailed Answer:
The symptoms that you have can be related to dehydration, anxiety or due to a cardiac cause. The pain in the neck is likely to be due to a muscular spasm commonly associated with a bad posture.
Since you have a difficulty in breathing and the heart rate seems slow it is best to attend an ER or consult your physician for a detailed evaluation so that any serious cause can be ruled out.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 22 minutes later
I have been feeling this way since nurse gave me morphine sulfate for the pain i was experiencing at clinic
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to morphine.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The symptoms can be due to the effect of morphine also. You can increase your fluid intake and take rest for a while and see if it helps. In case the heart beat is irregular and palpitations persist then do consult your physician.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 minute later
Ok thanks
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are welcome.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thank you.
I am happy I could help.
Please do recommend our services to others too in case you found them helpful. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
Wishing you the best in whatever you do.
Best regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon