What causes pain in the lower side of my back and how can it be treated?
Can be strain or spondylosis.
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain of the lower side of your back can be due to-
1. Lumbar muscle strain- due to tear or pull of muscle fibres.
2. Infections like paraspinal abscess.
3. Lumbar disc herniation, sciatica, etc.
4. Arthritis or ankylosing spondylosis.
5. Weak core muscles-Strengthening the muscles that support the spine helps keep the spine in its proper position and reduce risk of sprains, strains and lower back pain.
6. Vitamin D3 deficiency.
Proper diagnosis involves investigations like ultrasound of the abdomen, X-ray and MRI of the spine after an examination by your primary physician.
The treatment will then depend on the cause. Hot fomentation and oral muscle relaxants can provide a temporary relief till then.
I hope this answers your query.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes lower back pain
- What gastro problems cause lower back pain
- How using computer caused lower back pain
- What causes right side lower back pain and cracking
- Experiencing lower back pain in both sides cause
- What can cause lower back pain
- How to treat painful back cause by a fall
- What causes lower back pain for women
- What causes left sided and lower back pain
- What causes lower back pain with stomach pain