What causes pain in the lower part of the body while having anxiety?

Dr. Anantharamakrishnan

Cardiologist

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My wife is having different different problem since last 2 month and i visited many diff doctors.Last visit was to cardiologist and physician.
She was feeling pain in the left part of body not the major pain and for the same she is taking ultrarite tablet for the same

1. She is feeling very high anxiety problem in breathing.Feared and restless.As soon she take Alprax 0.25 MG having salt
Alprazolam 0.25 MG she get relaxed.
2. Seems to be having BP issue lot of pain in head.her head start revolving.Taking concor COR 2.5 MG related to blood pressure
3.Now she is having bit pain and heaviness in the left part of the complete body like head,neck,Shoulder,hand and leg

I dont know what to do know and where to go

Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Psychiatric assessment & assistance will help

Detailed Answer:
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

The description is highly suggestive of ANXIETY neurosis

Laboratory tests are reassuring
Have the other tests also done - it will not only rule out other possibilities but also help to reassure the patient and her physician further

Continue Concor – it will address both pressure and anxiety
It is not enough to use Alprazolam – as necessary.
She needs PSYCHIATRIC ASSESSMENT AND ASSISTANCE. She will be benefitted by Psychological COUNSELLING and Psychotropic DRUGS on a REGULAR basis
Consult a Psychiatrist (who speaks her language)… Follow up… No need for hesitation to see a Psychiatrist! Everyone seeing a heart specialist does not have a heart disease. They can assess and assist and the role of depression or anxiety and assist by appropriate intervention…
She needs family and social support too…
Prognosis is generally very good.

Good luck
God bless you
Follow up: Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 20 minutes later
Hello Sir

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

I will try to take the consultation as you have suggested.

But still my concern is not resolved as last 4-5 days she did not get any anxiety,she did not taken any Alprazolam.

She is having heavy head,revolving head ,so much sweating also
She is having bit pain or i will say heaviness in the left part of the complete body like head,neck,Shoulder,hand and leg.

Left part of the body is colder than the right one.

Can you please give me assistance for the above mention issue.

thanks
XXXX

Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Neuro & psych assessment / investigation - will shed light

Detailed Answer:
Hi

This too could be from the SAME problem … Anxiety is not always obvious to others – at times, even to the treating physician…. That is why, it is often an exclusion diagnosis, – we try to exclude other physical causes…

This combination of symptoms needs NEUROLOGIC examination / and possibly MRI brain – to assess
Some hormones – adrenaline, noradrenaline and/or their metabolic products like VMA – need to be measured to exclude conditions like Pheochromocytoma…

See a Neurologist / psychiatrist / they will be able to advise further – based on the physical findings and investigations