What causes pain in the lower left back?

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad

Posted on Mon, 19 Sep 2016 in Back Pain
Question: I have occasional pain on one side of lower left back. It comes and goes sometimes mild sometimes 6-7 on a pain scale of 1-10. I'm prone to kidney stones but I also need a hip replacement and develop pain in other parts of the back.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Muscular pain to me.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to Health Care Magic, I am Dr Muhammd Ahmad, I have closely read your question and I understand your concerns, I will hereby guide you regarding your health related problem.

I would suggest you to look at the place of kidney pain on the internet and see if that exctly where you get the pain. It usually is on sides of back just below where the lowest ribs attach the spine , called the lumber area. I will give you some suggestions which will automatically help with kidney pain if there is any.

To me according to your hisotory your pain is muscular.

Here is what I would suggest you.
1) Take as much rest as possible.
2) Take ibuprofen or diclifenac (more preferred)for pain relief.
3) Drink much fluids 12+ glasses a day.
4) Get warm compresses done instead of cold it will ease up your muscles.
5) Massage with diclofenac or ibuprofen creams is very helpful.
6) Get your vitamin D levels done and start supplementation of its low, you can take calcium any ways.

Don't panic everything is expected to get better real soon.

I hope this answered your question, if you have more feel free to ask,otherwise close the discussion and rate it.

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.
General and Family Physician..