What causes pain in the lower left abdomen?

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 15 Sep 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have a pain in my lower left of my stomach by where a belt would be. only hurts if I get up from a low chair or getting up from the floor or bending position . Also if I should shift my upper body from side to side. i have had this for about 4 days now more or less. Eating normally and bowel movements ok. Urine was clear for a few days . thank you ......
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Inguinal hernia can be the reason.

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for the query.

Pain in this location is most likely caused by an inguinal hernia. If so, you should be also able to provoke the pain by coughing couple of times (while standing).
I suggest you to have an ultrasound done to diagnose the problem. If its hernia indeed, surgery with mesh insertion will be necessary. General surgeon is the right address.

Hope this helps.
Regards.