What causes pain in the lower abdomen radiating to the vagina and anus?

Dr. Hari Charan Perigela

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I have a stabbing pain in my lower abdomen that radiates to my vagina and anus. I have had a complete hysterectomy 30 years ago.
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to Adhesions.

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Any surgery inside the abdomen can lead to Adhesions, causing pain .It could be one of the reason for your pain.
Another clinical condition that has to be ruled out is Infection and inflammation of the urinary bladder(Cystitis ).
Plain Xray abdomen in erect posture,Ultrasound abdomen will give a clue.
Till then, you can take antispasmodic tablet containing Dicyclomine and Mefenamic acid.
Please consult your doctor, get examined clinically and proceed accordingly.
Nothing to worry.
Hope I answered your query. If you have any questions, I will clarify further.
Wish you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T