What causes pain in the lower abdomen radiating to the back?

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 4 Apr 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: Doctor, I am currently having pain across the bottom of my stomach. This has followed slight pain around my back just above belly button level. I feel out of sorts generally.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please follow..

Detailed Answer:
I read carefully all your concerns and I can say as follows:
1. Your symptoms may be related with :
- gastric issues like gastritis or stomach ulcer
- pancreatic issues
2. To my opinion you need to do:
- upper endoscopy
- abdominal ultrasound
3. Meantime I would like to suggest to use :
- PPi 's like prilosec OTC
- antispasmodic drugs like butiscopolamine

Otherwise I would like to know if you have had bowel movement changes , fever ?
Wish you health!
Dr.Klerida
Follow up: Dr. Klerida Shehu 40 minutes later
I have been diagnosed with a slightly enlarged prostate with problems of having to urinate often. My suspicion is that I have a continual underlying water infection that is irritated by coffee or alcohol. It is not the first time I have had this kind of episode. I am drinking cranberry juice today in the hope that things will improve. I do have previous health questions and history in my account. Previous episodes of this discomfort has resulted in having my water tested which is always negative apart from occasionally they say there is a small trace of blood in the urine. I will check again as soon as I can.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please follow..

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,
With regards to urinary infection , it may mimic your symptoms rarely.
This is why it is important to do urine culture test to better determine the cause of blood urine trace and symptoms.
Blood urine trace may be even during to urinary crystals and sludges.
Meantime take plenty of water and perform:
pelvic ultrasound
urinary culture analysis
With regards to alcohol and coffee effects both of them are diuretics and produce large amount of urine .
This is why both of them aggravate your symptoms.
Hope it was helpful to you.
Dr.Klerida