What causes pain in the liver area in a patient with pacemaker syndrome?
Welcome to Healthcare magic.
I read carefully your query.
The pain in the liver area ,is related to hepatic congestion (liver congestion) due to the Pacemaker Syndrome.
In this syndrome there is a dysfunction of the pacemaker.There is a loss of physiologic timing of atrial and ventricular contractions.This dyssynchrony causes an reduce of cardiac input (the amount of blood that the heart pomp in major blood vessels) and this increases the pressure in the venous system ,that will cause liver congestion.
You need to consult your cardiologist that would do some tests to confirm the diagnosis.Your doctor will decide the best treatment option depending on the exact cause of the pacemaker dysfunction.
Hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any question or doubt to clarify.I would be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hypertensive heart disease and pacemaker syndrom
- What causes pain in the shoulder where pacemaker is positioned
- Diagnosis of pacemaker syndrome
- Pacemaker syndrome causes
- Symptoms of pacemaker syndrome
- Pacemaker causing thoat pain
- Drugs/medication for pacemaker syndrome
- Treatment and cure for pacemaker syndrome
- Wandering pacemaker syndrome
- Causes of chest pain with pacemakers