What causes pain in the leg?

Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin

Posted on Tue, 13 Sep 2016 in Lump
Question: Am getting pain in my left leg very painful pain last night while sitting it's not muscle I think it involves my bone too , what causes it.?
This pain affected both my thigh and lower part of my leg, sometimes it's the lower part of my leg but last night my thigh got it too. I have to lay down for the pain to go away. This morning my lower part of leg got it and this happens every am or in the middle of night, very painful
Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to have doppler of the affected leg and Xrays

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to health care magic! Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible.

First of all, it is sad to know what you had gone through. Based on the history you have shared, it can be anything ranging from vascular occlusion in the leg, to nerve pains. Without fever bone infection is less likely though Xray still needs to be done but in any case you should immediately approach a medical facility and get it reviewed by a neurosurgeon or an othopedition and get the pulses and blood flow examined as any abnormality in blood flow can lead to compartment syndrome or limb ischemia. You may need to have a doppler ultrapure of the affected leg.

Meanwhile keep on using the OTC analgesics and duloxetine but keeping in mind the intensity of pain you may need to use morphine analgesics.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Regards. .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad