• question-icon

What causes pain in the left testicle?

Posted on Sat, 15 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: what started about a year ago as an occasional ache in my left testicle is now a constant ache. a year ago my General Practitioner Dr. said it was normal part of aging but I am concerned now that it is constant and at night often awakes me
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to consult qualified Urologist

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts that you have posted pain in left testicle needs to be investigated.

Consult qualified Urologist for clinical and digital rectal examination and get following basic tests done to confirm the diagnosis.
1) Urine routine and culture.
2) Ultrasound scanning of abdomen and pelvis
3) Serum PSA.
4) Ultrasound Scanning of Scrotum
5) Color Doppler scan of Scrotum .

Further treatment will depend upon result of these tests and final diagnosis.

In the mean while you can take anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

.

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist