What causes pain in the left side of the abdomen?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have pain on my left side from the middle of my stomach to the middle if my back and from beneath my breast to my waist. What could cause this?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be gastric or cardiac.

Detailed Answer:
Hello there,
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query .
Have gone through your details and i appreciate your concerns.
As per your query answers are-
It could be cardiac or gastric in origin.
Initially few baseline tests of cardiology like 2d echo and stress test has to be done to rule out possibility of cardiac ischemia(lack of blood supply to heart).Pain could be felt in upper abdomen and thorax and radiations could be there
If these tests are normal an ultrasound abdomen should be done to rule out gastric involvement.As of now you can take Pantoprazole to see if pain responds to it or not.Gastric pain usually responds to antacids.
Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Ramesh Kumar 7 hours later
Can you prescribe the Pantoprazole?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Take Prilosec its over the counter.
I am extremely sorry but prescriptions are not provided by HealthcareMagic.

Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana