What causes pain in the knee joint?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Thu, 15 Sep 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hello Doctor,
Since yesterday my wife is feeling pain in her knee joints.Initially it started iin one leg and then on both the knees.Along with this pain started at other joints location also like foot,shoulder,fingers,hand.
Also she is getting fever around 102DF since yesterday.Pl advice
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Viral arthralgia likely.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in the multiple joints that your wife is getting without any history of previous arthritis is likely to be related to the viral fever that she has. The viral fever is associated with joint pain that may persist for few weeks even after the fever subsides.
The best way to treat such pains is mild pain killer, calcium supplements and a diet rich in vitamin C. She can continue taking paracetamol and take ibuprofen after meals for any acute pain. Doing a hot compress of the affected joints will also help.
In case the pain is persistent then do consult an orthopedician for proper investigations.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal