What causes pain in the hip and lower back?
Do I need to seea orthopedic surgeon, neurosurgeon, or pain management ?
Consult an orthopedician first.
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain in the hip and the lower back is likely to be due to a disc related problem. This needs proper diagnosis after investigations like MRI scan. You need to consult an orthopedician for that.
Once the diagnosis is confirmed then he can refer you to a neurosurgeon in case the surgical treatment is needed.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes lower back pain
- What gastro problems cause lower back pain
- Having lower back pain what could be the cause
- What causes chronic lower back pain radiating towards the hip
- What causes abdominal and lower back pain
- What can cause lower back pain
- What causes lower back pain for women
- What is causing tender back pain and soreness in hip
- What causes mild lower back pain
- What causes lower back pain with stomach pain