What causes pain in the feet, low grade fever and redness on the elbows?

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have pain on the bottom of my feet when standing or walking. I have redness of my elbows which are sore as well. I have raw red spots on my hands that are sore. I have been running low grade fever for about a week 100.8-101.
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Mahaveer Patil 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
needs further evaluation

Detailed Answer:
Hi xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..
How was your day?
Hope this message finds you in good health.
I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern.
I generally see many cases like this at my clinic.
generally our observation is that such patients suffer from a generalised deficiency of some hormones,vitamins or calcium.
In your case to be particular, the pain in the feet that your are experiencing may be due to some nerve compression or inflammation,that generally occurs in neuropathies. The fact that the pain is on standing,means the nerve is inflammed. A short course of analgesics,hot fomentation with a local gel and wearing stockings will help.

redness of elbows with soreness may be a result of vitamin c and calcium deficiency.
If these symptoms are accompanied by a low grade fever,it suggest some soort of low grade infection that seems to have running through your body.

I suggest you get a detailed blood investigations done to find out the exact reason for these symptoms.A blood culture will surely help to find out the reason for fever.
Till then multivitamin and calcium should be taken to improve the immunity. A soothing cream for the sores should help.
You should eventually get back to normal in coming few days.Nothing to worry about, as long as i am there to help you.     
I hope your question has been answered.
Feel free to consult me anytime for follow-up queries. Take care,God bless.
Wish you a healthy life : )
If you do not have any clarifications,you can close the discussion.

Kind Regards..
Dr Mahaveer Patil,
Consulting Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgeon

-     If you were satisfied and happy with my answer ,PLEASE RATE THIS ANSWER AND LEAVE YOUR SINCERE FEEDBACK .

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng