What causes pain in the face and wrist?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 3 Aug 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have pain in my wrist. Left has more pain than right. Facing pain constantly. I am unable to hold my running children. Please suggest
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be due to carpal tunnel.

Detailed Answer:
Pain in the wrist that aggravates on extending or flexing the fingers may occur probably be due to inflammation of the tendons or nerve inflammation caused by stress.

Diagnosis can vary from carpal tunnel syndrome to bursitis and tennis elbow. Exact diagnosis can be made only after proper examination by an orthopaedician. So I suggest you to consult one.
You might try wearing a sprint at night for several weeks. If this does not work you might need to start wearing this during the day. Avoid sleeping on your wrist. Occupational changes such as too much use of keyboards and positioning should be changed.
For symptomatic relief:
1. Give enough rest to your hand muscle.
2. Take mild pain killers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
3. Stronger prescription NSAIDS with muscle relaxants may help if simple analgesics do not help.
4. Hot compresses to your wrist and arm will be useful pain relieving measure. You may apply a local analgesic gel on that area.
5. Wrist and forearm stretches can be helpful under the guidance of a physiotherapist. He may start TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal