What causes pain in the chest, upper back and stomach despite a normal chest x-ray?

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I've been having chest pains upper back pains stomach pains for four months are so I believe it's heart attack checked my blood pressure it was 109 over 55 heart rate was 65 had a ekg chest xray and blood work done all came back perfect
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
I would explain as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome back on HCM!

I carefully reviewed your recent medical history and would like to explain that your clinical symptomatology doesn't seem to be related to any cardiac issues.

Migrating characteristics of your prolonged pain, coupled with your normal ECG and blood work confirm the above conclusion.

Instead, it is quite likely that your complaints be due to your previously diagnosed GERD coupled with persistent anxiety.

Besides the proper treatment with gastric anti-secretor drugs (like omeprazole, pantoprazole, etc.) and anxiolytics (like alprazolam, etc.), I would suggest modifying your diet (avoiding fatty and spicy foods), avoiding certain triggering stimulants (caffeinated drinks, smoking contact, strong tea, alcoholic drinks, etc.) and also trying to follow a healthy daily life-style (making a lot of physical activity, including training exercises, following a regular sleeping schedule, etc).

Some activities, like yoga, aerobics and repeated meditation could relieve your anxiety and make you feel better.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

In case of any further uncertainties, feel free to ask me again.

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri