What causes pain in the chest bone despite normal BP levels and body temperature?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 31 Jul 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My chest bone is hurting. I have checked my blood pressure and my temperature. I am about 50 miles from my hospital.

My blood pressure was 128/60 and pulse 70. My temp was 98.6. This soreness came on very quickly this evening.

Why is it taking so long?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Can be a cardiac cause

Detailed Answer:
Having pain in the chest can be due to cardiac problem like ischemia even if your blood pressure and other parameters are normal.

The symptoms of heart attack include squeezing type of chest pain with sweating and nausea/vomiting. The predisposing factors include smoking, stress, obesity, hypertension, diabetes, increased cholesterol, etc.
The other possibilities that need to be ruled out with the help of your physician are muscular pain, GERD, Pleuritis, etc.

The pain also could be due to musculoskeletal inflammation - This can be diagnosed if the pain increases on specific movements or on direct pressure on the affected area. Such pain can respond to medications like Ibuprofen 400 mg taken three times a day. This generally resolves within a week. ‎

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal