What causes pain in the calf muscles?
Blood circulation and pinched nerve to consider.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
The pain in the calf that you describe in most of cases is caused by being fatigued during the day.
If the ache or pain is getting worse, other conditions should be considered and evaluated further.
These conditions include deep vein thrombosis, peripheral artery disease and a pinched nerve.
Since you feel better after you get up ischemic pain ( related to leg vessels dysfunction ) is a possibility.
It is necessary to see your Doctor and to get evaluated with Doppler ultrasound and clinically in order to achieve a correct diagnosis of your condition.
If the ultrasound comes back normal, a pinched nerve in your back should be considered.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pain in the calf muscle while running cause
- What causes calf pain while climbing stairs
- What causes calf muscle spasms
- What causes pain calf muscle after running
- What is the cause for frequent shooting pain in calf
- What causes lower calf muscle pain after bunion removal
- What causes bruises on the calf muscles
- What causes persistent pain in calf muscle
- What causes a lump in calf muscle
- What causes an indentation in calf muscle
- What causes tingling and pins and needle sensation on the left side of...
- What causes numbness in feet and ankles?
- What causes mouth spots and pit in forehead?
- What causes tingling feeling in shoulder?
- Suggest treatment for panic attacks, non functional rectum and memory loss
- What causes numbness in the right side of foot and leg?
- What causes burning sensation and tingling in hands and feet?
- What does my CT scan suggest?
- What causes shortness of breath in a patient with fibromyalgia?
- What causes severe muscle twitches at night in shoulders and arms?