• question-icon

What causes pain in the big toe while walking?

Posted on Fri, 30 Jun 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Hello,

I am getting pain in lower side of feet and around thumb of feet after walking. And after some rest Or with some massage, the pain goes away. can you please share your views on this?

let me know If you need additional information or if you will advise any test before?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need some more details

Detailed Answer:

I have some questions to ask.

Since how many days do you have the above pains ?
Is there any swelling in the affected sites ?
Have you been taking any treatment for the same ?
Do you have early morning stiffness in the joints affected ?

Waiting for your response,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
Hello Doctor, Please find my answer below.
1) The pain is there since more than one year now. But it was not regular. It is more intense and more frequent since last 3-4 months.
2) No, there is no swelling in affected parts.
3) Roughly 6 months back, I did test for uric acid and it was little more than normal range. I took some medicine to control it. It helped temporarily but after sometime the pain started again. I again did test for uric acid and it was in normal range. So I didn't take any medicine.
4)No, there is no morning stiffness in affected areas.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
Restart Febuxostat

Detailed Answer:

Sorry for the delay in my response.

I am pleased with the way you provided the history.

I recommend you to continue Febuxostat which brings down the uric acid levels. The blood uric acid levels may indicate joint disease when raised but when the levels are normal, it does not indicate joint disease is gone.

Even with normal uric acid levels there could be joint disease provided previous readings were high. I would recommend you to take Febuxostat for a minimum of 2 weeks from now.

Follow up: Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later
Thanks for your reply!

Will you recommend to visit an orthotist for any change required for footwear?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

Yes, it is always advisable to wear a comfortable foot ware when affected with any sort of joint disease.

Do consult a orthotist and get the foot wear changed. Choose MCR sole foot wear.

Dr. Raju A.T