What causes pain in the back?
Felt like I blew out my back. I have a bad L4 n L5 so I know how a bad back feels but it has gotten worse and now it is painful to touch. It seems to be in the area where u get an epaidermal shot.
It’s not bruised or swollen. I’m trying icing it as I have tried Moist heat which did nothing. I’m also thinking my kidney. This pain is different now than my regular back pain
Will need Xray hip joint and lumbar spine
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. We will try to help you in best way possible. First of all it's sad to know what you had been going through lately.
Based on the history you have shared, it can be a pulled muscle but possiblity of compression of sciatic nerve does exist. The compression can be at lumbar spine level at it's origin due to collapse of vertebrae or at local level.
Possibility of spontaneous fracture of some part of hip bone due to osteoporosis can be a possibility however Xrays of both hip bone and lumbar spine should be sought and worked up for.
A baseline work up for serum calcium, D3, Alkaline phosphatase and phosphate levels also need to be looked at. Replacement of these micronutrients can be started specially calcium and vitamin D3 alongwith bisphonates. Analgesics like acetaminophen alongwith neproxen can be of help. Nerve pain suppressants like gabapentin can help with severe pain.
Wishing you a speedy recovery. Hope this has answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask. Regards
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes breathlessness and back pain
- What causes bloating and back pain
- What causes pain in groin and back
- What is the cause of back pain with fever
- What causes upper back pain
- What causes middle back pain
- What causes severe stomach pain and back pain
- What causes severe back pain
- What causes back pain in ict
- What causes back and chest pain
- Suggest treatment for UTI post urinary catheterization?
- Suggest treatment for cough during consumption while treating bulbar palsy
- What causes burning feeling in underarm with painful tiny bumps?
- Suggest treatment for pain in shoulders, upper arm and back
- What causes irregular heart beat on exertion in a person post cardiac...
- Suggest treatment for bleeding from gums
- Suggest treatment for the pain associated with post-herpetic neuralgia
- What does persistent nasal bleeding indicate?
- What causes Raynaud's phenomenon?
- What causes chronic heaviness under left rib cage and shortness of breath?