What causes pain in the back near dorsal vertebrae?
Can be a muscle spasm.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The pain in the back near dorsal vertebrae on one side can be related to a muscle spasm or spondylottic changes in the spine. Avoid bending forward. Take rest. In addition to pain medicines you need an oral muscle relaxant for proper relief.
Do a hot compress in the area for the pain and spasm to decrease. You can apply a local analgesic gel also for an earlier relief. Do consult an orthopedician for proper diagnosis in case the pain is persistent.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. XXXXXXX Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes breathlessness and back pain
- What causes bloating and back pain
- What causes pain in groin and back
- What is the cause of back pain with fever
- What causes upper back pain
- What causes middle back pain
- What causes severe stomach pain and back pain
- What causes severe back pain
- What causes back pain in ict
- What causes back and chest pain
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?