What causes pain in sigmoid colon area when i sit down?

Dr. Pravin Gore

Proctologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Aug 2014 in Constipation
Question: Severe pain in the sigmoid colon area I sit down and its ok then I stand up and its like sticking a knife in me in the sigmoid colon area . very sharp pain I stand up and the pain goes away??
Answered by Dr. Pravin Gore 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
get sonography & sos colonoscopy for diagnosis treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi, though a peculiar problem of pain you seem to have, it would help with further details in history. Like any fever, how are motions and urine, any history of recent injury or history of similar complaints in past.
the common likely diagnosis would be diverticulitis of colon, hernia which is getting obstructed on & off or an infection in the abdominal wall layers.
It would be helpful to have a sonography of the abdomen & pelvis. A colonoscopy may also be required if sonography is normal.
take care.
wish you good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad