What causes pain in sides of stomach during pregnancy?

Question
My wife is now pregnant for 13 weeks. She had major bleeding on XXXXXXX 24th. She was admitted for a day in hospital and the bleeding stopped. She was asked to take complete bed rest post that which she is doing now. Now she is having pain on both sides and center of the stomach. She is seldom having spotted bleeding also. She at present is having endogest 200mg twice a day. folinine-d, calcium and iron tablet. I'm attaching the latest scan report. I want to know why the pain is there and why the bleeding is not completely stopping
Posted Sun, 3 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please support her for her problem.

Detailed Answer:
Her ultrasonography report shows subchorionic haemorrhage. Her pain and bleeding is due to this haemorrhage.
Pain and bleeding may resolve in few weeks ( it may resolve in 20 week)
She should continue her bed rest, avoid strenuous exercise, drink a lot of water, avoid stress and feel happy.
In most of the cases haemorrhage resolve by its own in 20 weeks without any treatment, some cases may require aspirin, pain killer and progesterone support. In her case progesterone in already given. So please support her, she is fine in few week. Bleeding indicated that haematoma is in resolving state.
You should go for repeat ultrasonography at 20 weeks to see the progress.
In my opinion she can take HCG injection also after her gynaecologist consultation. It may also help in resolving haemorrhage.
I think I have answered your query if you have further questions I will be happy to help you.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa