What causes pain in shoulders while sleeping and numbness in muscles of arms?
I read your question carefully and I understand your concern.
Those symptoms you describe need some attention regarding conditions involving the muscles with soreness, pain and weakness.
One possibility is a condition called polymyalgia rheumatica, an inflammatory condition involving muscles, with muscle pain and stiffness, more pronounced in the morning and with a preference for shoulder muscles. It manifests commonly in the elderly. At times (but not always) may have other general symptoms such as mild fever, malaise, weight loss, fatigue etc. A general physical exam and some blood tests are necessary for the diagnosis such as blood count and inflammatory markers (CRP and ESR).
Another inflammatory myopathy is polymyositis, again a condition involving muscles with more marked muscle weakness and joint pain. For that some blood tests for muscle damage (creatine kinase levels) and electromyography are needed in addition.
One other possibility is thyroid dysfunction, if your levothyroxine dose is not correct it may be associated with muscle weakness, so it is important to monitor treatment with TSH levels.
I remain at your disposal for other questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Causes of numbness in arms while sleeping
- Numbness in arms everynight while sleeping cause
- What causes pain and numbness in forearms
- What causes tiredness numbness in arm pain in handsbackabdomenwrist
- What causes numbness and pain in fingers
- What causes severe pain in shoulders and numbness in fingers
- What causes numbness in fingers while sleeping
- What causes numbness in left arm with pain in heart
- What causes numbness in hands while sleeping
- What causes muscle pain and numbness in legs