What causes pain in shoulders, front, back and behind the neck?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 6 Jun 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I am having pain in both shoulders down the front and back.up the back and sides of neck. I have had heart and lungs checked no problems there. I do alot of stocking of shelves at work. also been a non smoker for only 65 days. What could be the problem and where to go from here. Have appointment next month at an ear nose throat Dr.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Muscle sprain or tendonitis likely.

Detailed Answer:
The pain in the shoulders and in front and back that you have is likely to be due to lifting of weights causing muscle sprain or tendonitis. You need to consult an orthopedician for proper investigations and treatment. Till then mild pain killers, rest and hot compress will help.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal