Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

What causes pain in scrotum?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9621 Questions
I'm a 23 year old male. I have been experiencing pain on the inside of my scrotum on the right side towards the base of my penis. The pain is very achy/ throbbing and it is radiating in the crease of my leg where my scrotum and leg meets. My testicles or scrotum isn't inflamed but it's very uncomfortable.
Posted Mon, 24 Mar 2014 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: It could be due to Varicocele or Funiculitis. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query,based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have pain in scrotum on Rt side which radiates towards groin. This could be due to either Varicocele or inflammation of spermatic cord (Funicullitis) However this can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified General Surgeon or Urologist and following basic tests. 1) Routine urine test 2) Ultrasound scanning of scrotum 3) Colour Doppler study of Scrotum. Please go ahead and consult qualified Urologist and get these tests done under his guidance.In the mean while take broad spectrum antibiotic like Cefexine along with anti inflammatory drug like Diclofenac twice daily. Further treatment will depend upon results of these tests and final diagnosis. Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions , I shall be happy to help you Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes pain in scrotum? 6 hours later
Okay thank you. It seems to only bother me when they are free hanging. Otherwise it dont bother me during ejactualtion or anything. But it does feel as though that the pain is coming from part of the testicle that the cords are. Is surgery required for either one. Should i wear a jock versus boxers so that nothing is hanging loose and there is more support? I have attached some pictures on where the pain feels like its coming from. Im pointing at it in the pictures. Also sometimes the pain radiates in my lower back.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Ultrasound scanning will find precise cause Detailed Answer: Thanks for follow up. Please go ahead and get USG done to find out exact cause of pain . You can use scrotal support to prevent hanging of testicle that will help in getting relief from pain Take pain killers like Diclofenac or Brufen twice daily . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor