What causes pain in scalp with history of cellulitis in leg?

General Surgeon
Question
Hi my 9 year old son has cellulitis in his leg due to some green fly bites. Our doctor has prescribed antibiotics and antihistamines. This started yesterday. The meds started today, so tonight I was checking him for ticks I noticed a soft spot on the back of his skull that made his scalp feel loose. He said his head hurt. Just wondering could it be related to cellulitis or maybe just from a bump? Didn't ever notice that before. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It's unrelated to cellulitis of leg

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
Dear Ms

The site of scalp is very much remote from location of Cellulitis in the leg. The cause of pain in scalp is more likely to be small infective foci like furuncle in the scalp. It is not related to cellulitis of leg.

It would be very helpful if you could send clinical photograph for further assessment.

Awaiting your response

Best regards
Dr Deepak XXXXXXX
MBBS, MS, MCh
Consultant Pediatric Surgeon

Follow-up: What causes pain in scalp with history of cellulitis in leg? 22 hours later
Thank you so much. It seems to be just about gone now. It was very weird feeling. Thank you!

Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 4 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Dear Ms

Wishing you and your family a great health.

Best regards
Dr Deepak