Owl Image

What causes pain in right side of head radiating to shoulders?

Owl Image
Dr. Albana Sejdini

Question
My mother has pain in the right side of her head radiating to her shoulders. No other symptoms.
Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Other medical data are needed as following...

Detailed Answer:

I am sorry for your mother being in pain.

Before running into final conclusions, I nee do have more of her medical data:
- how long has she had this pain?
- does she suffer of any chronic disease: hypertension, heart disease? diabetes? arthritis?
- has she experienced such pain other times?
- any other health problems she is having?

Meanwhile, until the answers are in, I advise to give her an over the counter pain-killer (acetaminophen,ibuprofen,codein) to relive the pain.

I also advise to monitor her blood pressure/sugar levels when she is having he headache episodes.

Wish fast recovery!
Dr.Albana