What causes pain in right shoulder and difficulty in lifting arm?
Age related arthritis. Dizziness sequelae of infection
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Strep throat with ear infection followed by right shoulder pain and lower extremity pain with inability to keep balance with normal workup is just age related osteoarthralgia flared by recent infection. Any ear infection is almost always followed by dizziness so that explains balance problems you recently had.
At age of 77 autoimmune profile with no prior history is unlikely so no worries for that. Just continue the NSAIDs, take some skelaxin and keep the limbs mobilized. All you need is symptomatic treatment which is adequate pain control as well as some anti dizziness meds like antivert. Use some support while walking to prevent tripping or injury due to fall.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in the shoulder blade that goes down to my arm
- What would cause left shoulder and arm pain while walking
- What is the cause of pain in arms when lifting
- What is the cause of chest pain and arm pain
- What is the cause of getting pain in arms
- What is the cause and treatment for painful arm
- What causes upper arm pain
- What causes severe pain in shoulder radiating down the arm
- What causes redness and pain in arm
- Causes pain jolts in right arm