question-icon

What causes pain in right lower shoulder blade and pain just below rib cage?

Posted on Tue, 12 May 2015
Question: I have been having right lower shoulder blade pain for a few weeks. I also am having pain/ tenderness on the left side front just below the rib cage.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
could be a cardiac condition

Detailed Answer:
Hi
I am Dr Mittal.
I have read your query.
I think I would be able to help you.
The symptoms of the query are quite suggestive of a possible cardiac condition. a heart attack in females specially may occur with pain on other parts of the chest and back rather than the usual chest pain.
I think it is worth while to get to a cardiologist and try to get a EKG and if possible an Echocardiography.
I also should tell you that there are other possible causes. However, since the cardiac condition is most important, I suggest you rule it out first.
I have tried to make it as simple as possible. I hope that the information helps you. Please feel free to contact us for more information. Best of luck. Dr Mittal
Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist