question-icon

What causes pain in right lower abdomen?

Posted on Fri, 13 May 2016
Question: I have been having extreme gas problem and fever since last 6 days.there is no stool no gas passage. Constant pain in lower right abdomen and is increasing. Anus is dry and slightly burning. I have no fever since last 12 hours. Right leg movements cause more pain in lower right abdomen. Please suggest what should i do to get better.

Does it have anything related to appendix?
I just passed stool which was soft withoit much problem. Not much gas problem. Right lower abdomen pain is increasing. Feeling slight feverish nausea
Even feel like vomiting due to any fragrance whether it food or perfume
lying down and every movement is painful due to this rightside pain
after 14hrs again feeling feverish
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain (1 hour later)
Brief Answer:
I will advise you to visit ER

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist.

Pain in right lower abdomen may be due to appendicitis, acute diverticultis, acute colitis in background with the symptoms you have mentioned.

So I will suggest you to visit your doctor or visit ER for evaluation and management. The may advise some blood tests like complete haemogram, ultrasound abdomen, stool examination and xray abdomen to diagnose the disease.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you . Wish you a good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Amit Jain

Gastroenterologist