What causes pain in right ear radiating to left side?
TMJ dysfunction or Trigeminal Neuralgia...
Thanks for posting the query; I will try my best to help you out with this query.
With this brief history of yours, it is indeed difficult to identify the cause of your problem.
In the absence of any trauma to your ear area, the two commonest conditions to affect the ear cartilage are Trigeminal Neuralgia and Temporo-mandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ). While both of these conditions typically affect either the entire side of the face (Trigeminal Neuralgia) or one/both sides of the face, ear and jaw (TMJ) the pain can also present only locally in a small area with both.
Other uncommon causes due to referred pain:
1. Eustachian tube dysfunction
3. Polychondritis of the ear
4. Otitis externa (inflammation of the outer ear)
The complete examination of the ear is required to arrive at a diagnosis. Hence, consult an apt ENT specialist who can help you out with this problem.
Hope this answer was beneficial to you; revert back to me if you have any further queries.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes ear pain
- What causes left ear pain
- What causes sudden ear pain
- What causes right chest pain and left ear pain
- What is causing the pain behind ear
- What could be cause of sharp pain on right ear
- What causes severe ear pain
- What causes dizziness pain in left ear and headaches
- What causes sharp pain in right ear
- What is the cause of constant pain in ear