What causes pain in right ear, lower jaw and throat?

Posted on Sat, 6 Sep 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have this pain on my right ear, lower jaw and throat, which becomes unbearable after talking (a lot) or doing a presentation. It is followed by too much phlegm, hoarse voice and constant throat clearing. I am not even sure if the pain on the diaphragm, accompanied by short breadth is related to this condition or not. I visited an ENT specialist who gave me treatment for excess acid (which he said was the cause) but that did not help.
I am very frustrated because I cannot live on pain killers which my doctor prescribed.
PLEASE HELP.

Thank you XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need to go for laryngoscopy

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have gone through your query and your age, I personally suggest that you go for the laryngoscopy to rule out of your ear pain.

Most probably you may be suffering from the referred otalgia and cause may confine to your larynx.

No need to so much worry just send me the snap of your laryngoscopy and ENT examination done by your doctor for your better management.

I also need the answers of some questions-
1. Have you any history of smoking, tobacco chewing and alcohol drinking?
2. From what time you have pain in the right ear, lower jaw and throat?
3. Have you any history of hearing loss in the right ear?

Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Hariom Sharma 47 hours later
NO. I have not been smoking or drinking since 1998
Every time after I talk a lot (after a presentation or after a radio interview)
Yes, my right ear sometimes does not hear properly and has 'stinging' sound.

I am still waiting for the answer regarding the pain on the diaphragm (Chest) and short breath, and whether it is related to the answer you provided. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pain on diaphragm is not related to this

Detailed Answer:
Hi Sir,
I have gone through your follow up query; and for your kind information, pain on the diaphragm is not related to the ear pain, lower jaw and throat. For diaphragm pain better to consult the chest physician.
And your disease mostly could be referred otalgia as I said in earlier answer.

Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Bhagyalaxmi Nalaparaju
Dr. Hariom Sharma

ENT Specialist