What causes pain in right clavicle and acromion process?

Posted on Wed, 10 Jun 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I have some pain in my right clavicle and acromion process. I usually get this pain after doing shoulder exercises but recently it hurts to inhale. Do you have any suggestions. I do love to swim but after doing shoulder resistance training I'm thinking I should lay off the swimming for a bit
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You are likely to be having muscular pain.

Detailed Answer:

Hi
Thanks for your query

I'm Dr Sudhir Kumar

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. I think you are having muscular pain. Treatment of it is rest and excercises such as ibuprofen for pain relief. You should avoid excercises for few weeks. You can further investigate it by X rays and MRI of the region.

You can discuss with your doctor about it.

Hope your query get answered. If you have any clarification then I will be happy to help you.

Wishing you a good health.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Orthopaedic Surgeon