question-icon

What causes pain in right calf, behind right thigh and below right armpit?

Posted on Thu, 26 May 2016
Question: This past Tuesday I went to the ER worried about a blood clot in my right calf due to pain in that calf after sleeping. They did an ultrasound behind my right knee and at my right groin. I was told that there was no clot and sent home.

The pain continued in my right calf until yesterday. Since then I have felt slight tinges of pain behind my right thigh and then right behind and below my right armpit and in my right arm.

Should I be concerned? Was there a blood clot that wasn't seen and is now traveling up my body?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (17 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
With an ultrasound not in favour of a clot, there is no clot!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this concern about a possible clot. With an ultrasound not in support of a possible clot, for sure there is no clot in there. This is the gold standard in diagnosing clots and with findings denying this, it's for sure. BE calm and relaxed about this.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
Follow up: Dr. Ivo Ditah (7 minutes later)
Thank you Dr. Ditah! That's a relief!
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah (16 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
YOu are welcome!

Detailed Answer:

Am humbled by your kind words. I wish you well and whenever you need someone to talk to, remember am right here to address your concerns.

Until next, I wish you well.
Dr. Ivo Ditah