What causes pain in prostate area and lower back when diagnosed with hyperparathyroidism?

Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai

Endocrinologist

Posted on Wed, 28 Oct 2015 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: Hello i was diagnosed with Hyperparythroidim blood calcium is 10.4 pth 52.8 i had a scan and the scan shows the area of extraction i had pains all over put i also have pain in my prostate area and lower back my fear is prostate cancer i am 41 dont drink or smoke
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not convinced about hyperparathyroidism

Detailed Answer:
Good day,
Noted your concern.

First of all, I am seriously not very convinced aboout hyperparathyroidism. PTH should have been much higher in that case. Is the PTH in pg/ml ?
Could you please attach all the results including the scan?? That would be extremely helpful to assess further.
Binu
Follow up: Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 7 minutes later
Calcium 10.4 pth 52.8 vitMain d 0.22 4D ct scan w contrast identifed a paatoid tumor upper left pole 100%
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
PLEASE ATTACH reports

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, could you attach the reports. Is the PTH expressed in pg/ml ?? Please attach reports including CT scan or mail them to customer care. They will attach it.

Vitamin D seems to be very low. What is your phosphorus levels ?
Have you met an endocrinologist yet?
Follow up: Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 9 minutes later
Yes both the ensicrinologist and the surgon confimed this .. Surgery is in 39 days my question is does it cause cancer and can kidney stones entet the prostate ?
Answered by Dr. Binu Parameswaran Pillai 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No risk of cancer

Detailed Answer:
Well, hyperparathyroidism does not lead to any cancer. But it can lead to kidney stones and fractures. Kidney stones can not enter prostate.