What causes pain in penis?

Posted on Mon, 20 Apr 2015 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: What causes pain in penis?
Answered by Dr. Amitkumar Maheshwari 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Consult the surgeon as early as possible.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.
This is Dr Amit. I can understand your concern very well. Pain in the penis can be due to various possible reasons and that can be due to conditions affecting shaft, body or head of the penis. let me discuss those conditions with you.
Most common reasons for the penile pain and burning sensation are
1Balanitis-It is an infection of the foreskin and the head of your penis. It usually affects men and boyswho haven’t beencircumcised or who don’t wash under the foreskin regularly

2Peyronie’s Diseases- It starts when an inflammation causes a thin sheet of scar tissue, called plaque, to form alongthe upper or lower sides of the penis.

3.Sexually Transmitted Infections- infection with an STI can cause penis pain.

4Phimosis and Paraphimosis-It happens in uncircumcised males when the foreskin of the penis is too tight and you can’t pull it away fromthe head of your penis.

As you have mentioned that you are not having any pain or burning sensation during urination so urinary tract infection (UTI) is excluded but as you have not written any details about your sexual life and any relevant past history I can't tell you certainly which condition is causing the pain.

I will advise you to take consultation from the surgeon ASAP. He will do physical examination of penis and order some blood test to rule out infection

Treatment will be depending on the condition or disease.
Hope I have given satisfactory answer to your question. Feel free to ask if you have any other doubts.
Regards and wishing you great day ahead
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Pradeep Vitta
Dr. Amitkumar Maheshwari