What causes pain in nipples?

Dr. Vaishalee Punj

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Hello, My wife having nipples pain. right side nipple is slightly larger than other one and color is also dark. It's paining from side also. It's there from last 4 to 5 days.
Kindly let know what would be the causes and should I take her for physical examination.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to see a surgeon

Detailed Answer:
Hi

From your description it seems like a breast abscess. It requires antibiotics. It may also need to be drained. Physical examination along with some investigations like USG of the lesion, etc would be needed to confirm the diagnosis. Only then appropriate treatment can be done.

Thus I would suggest you to visit a general surgeon and take treatment under his guidance.

Hope it helps.

Dr Vaishalee

Follow up: Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later

Thanks Ma'am.
Kindly suggest any lady doctor to consult for the examination of same,
nearby Jayanagar 9th Block as I live in same locality .

Regards.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can go to any reputed corporate hospital

Detailed Answer:
Hi

I looked for female general surgeon in XXXXXXX and found the following names:

Dr. Tulip
MS
Laproscopic Surgeon, Bariatric Surgeon
MediHope Super Specialty Hospital and Research Centre,
New Tippasandra Post MediHope, #114/1
Malleshpalya, XXXXXXX

Dr. XXXXXXX T
MBBS, M.S, D.N.B XXXXXXX Consultant Surgeon at Apollo hospitals, XXXXXXX
+91 973 991 5687

Dr. XXXXXXX Rajaneesh
MBBS, MS
Consultant Laproscopic General Surgery XXXXXXX specialty hospital
Koramangala, XXXXXXX

Hope it helps.

Dr Vaishalee