Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

197 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

What causes pain in nipples?

Answered by
Dr. Vaishalee Punj

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2003

Answered : 1900 Questions

Posted on Sat, 16 Aug 2014 in General Health
Question: Hello, My wife having nipples pain. right side nipple is slightly larger than other one and color is also dark. It's paining from side also. It's there from last 4 to 5 days.
Kindly let know what would be the causes and should I take her for physical examination.
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need to see a surgeon

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.

From your description it seems like a breast abscess. It requires antibiotics. It may also need to be drained. Physical examination along with some investigations like USG of the lesion, etc would be needed to confirm the diagnosis. Only then appropriate treatment can be done.

Thus I would suggest you to visit a general surgeon and take treatment under his guidance.

Hope it helps.

Dr Vaishalee

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Vaishalee Punj 2 hours later

Thanks Ma'am.
Kindly suggest any lady doctor to consult for the examination of same,
nearby Jayanagar 9th Block as I live in same locality .

Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can go to any reputed corporate hospital

Detailed Answer:

I looked for female general surgeon in XXXXXXX and found the following names:

Dr. Tulip
Laproscopic Surgeon, Bariatric Surgeon
MediHope Super Specialty Hospital and Research Centre,
New Tippasandra Post MediHope, #114/1
Malleshpalya, XXXXXXX

MBBS, M.S, D.N.B XXXXXXX Consultant Surgeon at Apollo hospitals, XXXXXXX
+91 973 991 5687

Dr. XXXXXXX Rajaneesh
Consultant Laproscopic General Surgery XXXXXXX specialty hospital
Koramangala, XXXXXXX

Hope it helps.

Dr Vaishalee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on  Breast abscess

doctor1 MD

I am a lady. Recently suffered by breast abscess . Surgery was done. Reports yet to receive. My Haemoglobin level never crosses 9. I am vegetarian plz suggest me the way to increase hb level. i feel that the problem i faced is only because low hb. i have thyroid problem too. And my period is also irregular.

doctor1 MD

I had a zit in my left nipple. I squeezed it and puss came out. I never knew you could get a zit in your nipple?!?! Is that ok?

doctor1 MD

My sister has a one yr old child still breastfeeding .currently she is having pain in chest nd lump formation is felt.Can you suggest any medicine for relief?

doctor1 MD

what is male zuska s disease, I m going through a surgery consult and don t understand what that is nor the other term they used Subareolar abscess . I m a 32 year old man. Who keeps wondering if I have male breast cancer or something and no one is speaking English to me!

doctor1 MD

hi sir,am female age 30 and a mother of 3 yrs old son was born szeissure.after my operation i was suffering from breast abscess .and this process was continued for 2 mnths..i was operated in my breast thrice.i had suffered a lot after still not fine..i have undergone depression n was under the treatment for 3 years .still am on the medication .but doctor my main problem is my stomach which is always tight n bloated when i am standing but after i lie down every thing is smooth n soft .my stomach i dnt know whts wrong with it.please answer.