What causes pain in muscles while sneezing?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Sir, when I sneeze I get high pain in muscles (shoulders to arms). Please tell me, how would I get relief.
Answered by Dr. Goswami Debopom 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not to worry. Let me help you out.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic. Thank you for posting this query.
I can understand your query.

Arm pain,during sneezing, is caused by a trapped nerve in the back, arm or neck.
When we sneeze, the muscles in the upper back tense up. During particularly long bouts of sneezing , the muscles can contract intensely and may lead to muscle strain. This in turn causes the muscles to ache as they try to restore themselves and this ache can also radiate to the arms.

Do not worry much.

It would have been great had I examined you on my own.

I would suggest you to visit a doctor. He/she can examine you and correlate clinically.

I would suggest you to

- apply warm compress over the arm and neck
- apply Mylaxin D locally.

Hope this helps.
Post any other question.
Regards.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Goswami Debopom