What causes pain in middle of ribs and sweating?
Please provide more details.
To get better perspective of your case , please provide more details.
1.Since when do you have symptoms? Are there any other associated symptoms?
2.Any investigations carried out or treatment undertaken for this?
3.What are factors increasing the symptoms?
4.Any other health issues?
In view of limited details provided I think this can be either related to heart or your stomach with possible reflux.I will better position to answer if I get more details.
Details make me think of cardiac cause
Symptoms make me worry about unstable angina.Few things which favour this is pain radiating between shoulder blades, not relieved on antacids, not related to food , repeat attacks and worry enhancing symptoms.
I would suggest a clinical evaluation by cardiologist and investigations like EKG, stress test, 2d Echo and cardiac enzyme levels when there is pain.Though this may be turn out precautionary but I would suggest to go ahead with this.
Urinary tract infection might be coexisting but doesn't seem related to chest pain.
Apart from this other less likely possibility which can present this way is gastroesophgeal reflux, but that is related to food.
Hope this helps.Please ask if there are doubts.Regards.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain below the ribs
- What can cause pain in lower side of ribs
- What causes pain under the right rib cage
- What causes rib pain and soreness
- Rib pain while shivering with cold what is the cause
- What could be the cause of continuous rib pain
- What causes pain in the left rib while coughing
- Feeling pain in ribs what is the cause and cure
- What causes pain on left side under ribs
- What causes barping and pain below the ribs and fever